Saturday, July 18, 2009

David Cook and David Archuleta Live in Manila!

It was May 16, 2009 when I went to the concert, and I saw a lot of people! I also saw the producer of the concert, which is Jomari Yllana. The concert was supposed to start at 8:00 pm, but we waited for almost 30 minutes. I didn’t get tired of waiting, even though we came in there at 7:00 pm.

After waiting for 30 minutes, the concert started. I have no idea who’s going to sing first, but it was David Archuleta. He first sang “Touch my hand”. And when he was done with the song, he grabs a bottle of water and drinks on it. I noticed that the crowd laughs every time he does that. After drinking a bottle of water, he shouted “Mabuhay Manila!” The crowd became loud and everyone was shouting! He also sang “Stand by me” and “Angels” which he sang when he was still on American Idol. Besides the other 3 songs, he also sang “Don’t let go”, “My hands”, “Barriers”, “A little too not over you”, “Zero gravity”, “Your eyes don’t lie” and “Waiting for yesterday”. He also sang “To be with you” which is one of my favorite songs. He said that one of the writers of that song was the new judge of American Idol, Kara DioGuardi. As he was introducing another song, he said one of his favorites was “You can”. I already heard that song before, and it was really beautiful. I remember as he was singing “Your eyes don’t lie”, he does some “whistling” but it really is a part of the song. I also remember he said something after the chorus. He said “I hate this song” which made me laugh! As he was talking about his next song, we were all wondering what the song was. I don’t exactly know what he said. But I think what he said was “This is the first song I learned to play on the piano.” As the music started, the crowd couldn’t stop shouting! He sang “A Thousand Miles”.

But unfortunately, he sang “Crush” as his last song. The crowd became sad but he cheered us up when he said “Maraming salamat po” before he sang. He also said “Mahal ko kayo” as he was leaving the stage. I was so happy and I really had a great time.

Again, we waited for a lot of minutes for David Cook! But meanwhile, we saw a lot of fireworks which entertained us. Finally, David Cook came on stage! Everyone became loud too. While he was singing “Mr. Sensitive”, he took a short pause and said “Mabuhay!” After singing the first song, he greeted us “Magandang Gabi” and everyone just shouted! He told us he talked to David Archuleta backstage and he said the crowd was incredible! “He said I will have no idea what I was here for” he added. Some of the songs he sang were “Declaration”, “Kiss on the neck”, “Little Lies”, “Bar-ba-sol”, “Avalanche”, “Light on”, “Straight Ahead”, “Life on the moon”, and “The World I know”. He introduced a very popular song, which all of the Filipinos loved. We were all wondering what the song was. He said “We never played the whole song with the band before today”. As he started singing, the crowd started to sing along with him! He sang “Always be my baby “which he sang when he was still on American Idol. After a few songs, the lights were dimmed. We were all confused if the concert is already done. Everyone was shouting “We want more!” Then we heard someone saying “Oh were not done yet!” It was David Cook. Everyone was shouting! I remember his guitarist named “Neal”. He called him because he saw a girl holding a poster. The poster says “Marry me Neal”. So he decided to sing “Come back to me” and dedicate the song to the two people.

As his last song, he sang “A Daily Anthem”. The crowd became disappointed but he promised something. I don’t know the exact words but what I think he meant is “I’ll come back.” The crowd became loud again, especially when he called David Archuleta backstage. At the end of the song, all of the people were singing along with the two singers.

It was a lot of fun! I wish they can come back again here on the Philippines.

No comments:

Post a Comment